Find Me!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Viva Glam: Miley Cyrus

Hey everyone!

My Viva Glam: Miley Cyrus MAC lipstick finally showed up yesterday and I am sooooo freaking excited. I did not order the lipglass (total fail on my part there).
The packaging, as always on these Viva Glam products, is beautiful. Iconic black MAC tube, pink on the inside, with Miley's signature across. Love it. And sure, it doesn't hurt that I'm a huge Miley fan.




On a side note: just in case you guys didn't know, every cent of the purchase price goes towards those living with and affected by HIV/AIDS, so there is also a great cause attached.

On to the lipstick!

This color is described by MAC as a "super-sexy hot pink hue", and my goodness, is it ever. The formula is what we've all come to love from MAC lippies and goes on super smooth and feels creamy on the lips.

This is in no way a lip stain and this does come off easily with eating and drinking - but a quick touch up and you're good to go.
One thing I did notice about this color: although it does come off fairly easily (seriously, be careful wearing white), it does tend to leave a sheer stain on the lips once it has come off. I did not re-apply it after work and I didn't take it off before bed last night as it was pretty much worn off (another fail for me, I know - ALWAYS take off makeup before bed). Anyway, when I woke up this morning, there was a sheer pink stain still there on my lips that was actually a really pretty subtle color. Basically, if you don't have time to re-apply, it does not come off blotchy or flakey, it just kind of.... gently fades away; my kind of lipstick.

Here it is with me wearing it so you can get a sense of the color on lips. It is super pigmented, but you can definitely play with the application to get a more sheer look if you like.

Today I went super simple on the makeup:

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer
Milani Baked Blush in Rose D'Oro

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
Anastasia Brow Pomade in Ebony
MAC VIVA GLAM: Miley Cyrus lipstick


This lipstick will be perfect for the spring and summer... and lets be honest, we all know I'm gonna rock this during the end of Winter as well.

As a good friend of mine once said "Once you go MAC, you never go back".

XOXO
-J

3 comments: