Find Me!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Benefit They're Real!

Hey guys!!

First, it's an absolutely beautiful day out today. I'm sitting at our little bistro set on the apartment balcony, in a dress and loving it. Finally summer is starting to arrive here! Anyway, I was so excited to be blogging outside that I had to share that; on to the makeup!

So, I'm probably going to post a few things over the next few days as I've got some things in mind that I want to share with you all! I might do a daily skincare routine of the products I use and when; you'll definitely see a June favorites in about a week, and there was a recent Shoppers Drug Mart trip that I'll probably talk about soon as well.
For now, I'm going to do a very quick post about a product we all already know and probably love - but I have actually just tried it for the first time this month.
Benefit's They're Real! mascara.


As you can see, the brush has rubber bristles and then has this weird little end that just seems strange, but trust me, is very useful. I will admit - it took some work getting me to like this mascara (I'm sure someone is screaming at me for saying that right now). The first few times I used it, I found that the consistency was just too wet, or there was just too much product on the brush, and it was pretty much fusing my lashes all together and making them look ridiculous. I didn't give up though, and I'm glad I didn't. After playing with it for about a week, I somehow mastered how to apply it to get optimal results. Maybe it dried out a little, or less has been coming out on the brush, or maybe I just discovered the right application process. Either way, if you guys give this a try and don't like it at first - keep playing around with it; I promise it gets easier.

I know, I know, I'm super late jumping on this bandwagon. Honestly, I just couldn't justify paying $29 + tax for mascara when my drugstore brands, that I love, work just fine for me. However, a friend of mine gave this to me as a birthday gift a few weeks ago, and now I am in serious trouble because I dont think I can revert back to anything else. I will forever be purchasing this mascara (maybe; forever is a long time in makeup world).

I'll pretty much show you guys a before and after. I promise, I am not wearing fake lashes. I pretty much think a picture says a thousand words here for sure. (My goodness my eyebrows need tending! embarrassment!)

Before:

As you can tell - my natural lashes aren't amazing. Although, I do feel that this picture is doing an injustice to what I thought they really looked like without mascara. Regardless, I have a lot of dark, short lashes; they also aren't very sparse (yay).

After:
I want to add again that I do not have fake lashes on. Not only that, but I also did not curl my lashes at all in this picture. This is actually the mascara on its own with no other help. I applied 2 coats to my upper lashes, and one coat to the bottom.

Obviously, I fell in love with this stuff. It isn't waterproof - which made me apprehensive because I find mascara usually smudges on me if it isn't a waterproof formula, but this one doesn't smudge or flake at all throughout the day. Benefit has truly mastered mascara.

Again, I know I'm super late falling for this product - but I guess I'm just another one of those ladies who just didn't think $29 for a mascara was going to be worth it. Clearly, I was wrong.

Let me know what you guys want me to write about! I'll definitely pick up some products if you want to see a review, recommendation, or tutorial!

Thanks for Reading! Love!

-J



No comments:

Post a Comment