Find Me!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

This or That: Eyebrow Pencils

Hey guys!

Today I'm going to be comparing 2 products for defining those brows! Both are from the drugstore, Maybelline's Define-a-Brow and Revlon's Brow Fantasy. I'm excited to share this with you because I feel like proper eyebrow color, shape, and definition can completely change the entire look of someones face in under a minute. It's actually incredible the difference a defined eyebrow can make.

To demonstrate the difference when filling in eyebrows: 2 different days (and lighting - sorry), but one picture with no makeup, and the other with. (Maybelline Define-a-Brow was used). You can click the pictures to enlarge them for a better look ;)



To start, I have naturally dark eyebrows, but they definitely need a little filling in; I also really like a thick, defined brow. Keep this in mind when reading my thoughts on these 2 products as you may like something a little different for your needs.




First, I have been using the Revlon Brow Fantasy in "Dark Brown" for years. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I decided it was no longer working for me anymore and I began searching for something different.
Revlon Brow Fantasy first caught my young eye because it is double ended and not only gives you a brow pencil, but comes with a colored gel for setting your eyebrows into place. Although maybe a little gimmicky, it is something I fell for and really enjoyed. Not only do you have the gel, but it is the same color as your pencil and aids in keeping that darker color in place. The pencil also worked fine and I found the product lasted all day.
It wasn't until recently I began to get annoyed that I constantly had to sharpen the pencil, and I realized I was losing out on so much product so I could keep the edge at a smaller, sharper edge. I found myself sharpening the pencil every few days, and sometimes caved and used the pencil when it was more blunt just to get more use out of the product. As we all know, this just leads to messy brows that are not as defined as we would like.

I've been hearing all the hype about Maybelline Define-a-brow for such a long time now, and decided to try it out. At first I was hesitant because the pencil is so much thinner than Revlon's Brow Fantasy, I almost felt I was getting jipped on how much product I was paying for; then I realized this is exactly the same problem I was already having, but I now just consistently had the thin edge I desired for definition. I have been using the Maybelline Define a brow for a few weeks now and I am loving it. Despite the thin pencil, I find the product distributes onto the brow well and sparingly and I have only had to twist up more product once since purchasing it. The only thing I do miss is the gel. I have been using this pencil alone now and I am still trying to decide if I really need an eyebrow gel for everyday use or not.

Overall, after using both, I am officially converted to Maybelline Define-a-brow. It offers the thinner edge needed for definition, while still offering excellent color payoff and all day wear. Although I am sad to let go of my Revlon Brow Fantasy after so many years, I do feel the product is now quite dated and is due for a definite revamp.

Side Note: I have also been hearing wonderful things about E.L.F's studio eyebrow kit; however, there is nowhere to purchase E.L.F where I live at the moment. I will soon be putting in an order and definitely adding that to my basket to try it out.

Thanks for reading! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment